If you are one of those who are frustrated from the restricted RAM of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Then you are completely at the right article. Here we are going teach you how to increase RAM in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Just follow the simple steps as given below.
Android Smartphone are an excellent way to take all your private and important files, images, data, and all other imperative data with you. Thus we can declare that it is one of the finest gadgets in our pocket which has plenty of information regarding you. But the only problem with our Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is that it has got internal memory of just 400 MB. Since we have Android OS benefits in our hand, therefore, we can remove this shortage of internal memory in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is featured with 1 GHz CPU along with Qualcomm snapdragon processor, a RAM of 512 MB, and internal memory of 400 MB. Like the previous Sony’s Android devices, it has also created a large user base or the fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you how to increase the internal memory of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Just follow the simple steps given below:
This tutorial will definitely work when using Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- Disable all security proginternal memorys like firewall & antivirus on android device as well as on your PC
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc
- You have to install USB drivers of your android device
- Before applying this procedure your phone must be rooted earlier
- You must have a custom recovery image of your device before starting this procedure and to do so you can download and install ClockworkMod recovery on the device
- If you are not able to download that , then you have to unlock bootloader of your Smartphone
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for Increasing internal memory in Sony Ericsson Xperia Play:
Firstly, switch off your phone to enter into the Recovery Mode. For this just press the Down Volume & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
Since you are now in the Recovery Mode, select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option to wipe off all of the data and after doing it, select “Wipe Cache Partition” option for wiping off all the caches from your phone memory.
Now, move into the “Advanced” settings and there select the “Wipe Dalvik Cache” option to wipe out “Dalvik Cache” too from your Android Smartphone.
Now get yourself back to the main menu by pressing back button and then reboot your Android phone.
Now, download MiniTool Partition Wizard app to your computer and then install it. You may download it by just clicking it here: MiniTool Partition Wizard.
From your Android device disconnect & remove the memory card and insert it in your Computer using a card reader. You must not use the USB cable, since this app may not work properly through USBs.
Now run the above downloaded app on your computer.
Next, click on the SD card and there do the right click on the “Option” icon. Then select the “Delete” option for a complete deletion of data on your SD card.
Now again do the right click on the “Option” icon. Then select the “Create New” option.
Next, choose the file type as “FAT32” and there allocate the space with such an amount that you believe you’ll be utilizing.
Now, again apply the same procedure as above and choose “Create as: Primary” and then change it to the Ext2, Ext3, or Ext4 file system (but we’ll recommend you to use Ext2), so to create a new partition (external). This space will be utilized for storing downloaded apps.
Finally, select the “Apply” option to finish it. After this you may insert your SD card into your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.
Now, download Swapper2 app to your computer and then install it. You may download it by just clicking it here: Swapper2.
Next, run the above downloaded app on your computer.
Now, allocate the Swap size as shown below:
- Minimum Size: 10MB
- Maximum Size: 256MB
But the recommended size is 32MB (you may choose whatever you want)
Now, allocate the Swapiness as shown below:
- Maximum: 100MB
- Default System: 60MB
But the recommended is 10MB (you may choose whatever you want)
Now, select the “Safe Unmount” and “Safe Remount” options.
Finally, turn on the Swap by clicking the “ON” option.
After the completion of this process, you should select the “reboot system now” option to restart your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, and then reboot it in the Normal Mode.
Related Articles :
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 4.1.2 Skyrocket 4G i727
- How to install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket 4G i727
- How to increase RAM in Samsung Galaxy Mini