If you want to increase your phone memory then learn here how to increase internal memory Of LG optimus L3 E400
LG Optimus L3 E400 has a 600 MHz CPU, 384 MB RAM and an internal memory of 1GB which is hardly enough to download different kind of apps. As an entry level phone it is as good as the other phones but the shortage of internal memory makes it unattractive. But, now this problem can be solved because in this article you will see how to increase the internal memory of LG Optimus L3 E400.
There are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled before you can do that.
For LG Optimus L3 E400
- It must be rooted before you can start the process.
- You must charge it to at least 80 percent of its capacity so that it doesn’t shut down suddenly when the process is going on.
- Take a backup of all the stuff on the phone. Copy it to SD Card and then hard drive or use the Google Drive because you will lose all the data.
- Install the ClockworkMod Recovery or any other custom recovery image for this device. If you cannot then unlock the android boot loader for the device.
- Enable Allow mark locations and USB Debugging on the phone. Go to Settings – Applications – Development – USB Debugging. Ensure that the boxes for both USB Debugging and Allow Mark Locations are checked.
For the Computer
Download and install the Mini Partition Tool wizard app on the computer.
The following are the steps to increase the internal memory of LG Optimus L3 E400. They will work only for this particular device. Try it on other devices at your own risk.
- Switch off the phone and reboot on recovery mode. Just press the Volume down key, home key and power key in that order and keep pressing till you get the recovery screen.
- Wipe all the memory from the phone by first going to Settings and selecting two options –‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache Partition’. Next clear the Dalvik Cache by going to Advanced Settings and selecting ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Come back to the main menu and reboot the phone.
- Remove the SD Card from the phone and connect it to the computer using a card reader. Do not try to do this using USB cable as it will not work properly.
- Run the Mini Partition Tool Wizard App on your computer.
- On the app select SD Card and then right click on Option. From the options choose Delete and clear the SD Card of any data.
- Come back to Option and now choose Create New.
- Now you will have to select the file type, since you are increasing internal memory select the file type to be FAT32 and also allocate the space that you require.
- Again go back to Option and choose Create as: Primary and the file type should be selected as Ext2. You can select Ext3 or Ext4 but it is recommended that you select Ext2. This part of SD Card will remain as external memory.
- Now confirm the above changes by clicking on Apply. Remove the SD Card from the card reader and transfer it back to the phone.
- Download and install a file – Link2SD on your phone. Run the file.
- It will ask you to ‘Select the file system of your SD Card’s second Partition’. Choose ext2 and then OK.
- It will ask you to restart, choose OK.
- Go to the Settings and enable Auto Link and Auto Link notification. Next go to Install location. Choose External.
- Now select the Power off option and reboot the phone normally.
Now your internal memory has increased. Remember you are following these steps at your own risk and the author cannot be blamed for any damages to the phone.