If you are facing problem of less internal memory then learn here how to increase internal memory of samsung galaxy S2.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 has an internal memory of 16 GB out of which 14 GB is available for your use, which might seem quite enough. But it is not. This is because this 14 GB is further divided into two – device partition (2 GB) and the rest for USB Storage. USB storage is for storing data like images, videos etc, whereas device partition is for storing apps. So, now you can see why inspite of having 16GB internal memory you are getting the message ‘Insufficient memory.
.There are two ways to go about increasing internal memory – with a rooted phone or without a rooted phone. In the following method you will need a rooted phone.
- Enable USB Debugging mode. Go to Settings then Applications then Development and check the box next to USB Debugging.
- Also download and install ClockworkMod Recovery to your phone. And if cannot then unlock the boot loader.
- The battery must be charged to minimum 80 percent.
- Take a backup of all the things on your phone.
- Install the USB driver files required for this device on your computer.
- Also download and install the Java SDK and Android SDK on your computer necessarily in that order.
- Download and install the Mini Partition Tool Wizard App on your computer.
This method is will work for most versions of Samsung Galaxy S2 but its working is not confirmed for other devices. So, do not try this on other models.
The first part involves clearing the memory.
- Switch off the phone and restart it in recovery mood. To do that press the volume down key, home key and power key together till you get the recovery screen.
- On the screen choose the option to ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ to clear the memory and to clear the cache choose the option ‘Wipe Cache partition’.
- To clear the other cache the Dalvik cache choose the option ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Go back to the main menu and reboot.
Next is the part about partitioning the SD Card to free space for Internal Memory.
- Remove the SD Card from your phone and insert it in a card reader. Connect the card reader to the computer. Do not use USB cable as you might face some compatibility problems.
- Run the Mini partition Tool Wizard app which you downloaded earlier on your computer.
- Go to the SD Card section on the app and choose ‘Option’. Right Click and from that select the ‘Delete’ option which will wipe your SD Card clean.
- Come back to ‘Option’ and now select ‘Create new’ option.
- Choose the file type as FAT 32 and allocate the size that you require to be used as internal memory.
- Come back to Option again and select Create Primary. For the file type choose Ext2. Even though other options are available it is recommended that you choose Ext2. This will be the space used as SD Card.
- Click on apply to finish. Once done remove the card from card reader and insert it into the phone again.
- Now download a file called the Link2SD. Install it and run.
- Select the file system as ext2 and choose OK.
- Click on OK when the phone asks permission to do so.
- Go to Settings and enable Auto Link and Auto Link Notification.
- On Install Location choose ‘external’.
- Now power off your phone and restart it normally.
These are unofficial procedures so if something goes wrong with your phone, the author is not responsible.