If your phone is not performing up to the mark then learn here how to increase RAM of samsung galaxy young duos S6312.
Like many of Samsung’s smartphones this particular phone is also very popular with its users. The Samsung Galaxy Young Duos S6312 has a 4GB internal memory, 1GHz Cortex-A5 Processor and a RAM of 768 MB. But sometimes while running certain applications the RAM doesn’t seem sufficient. But as usual innovative developers have found a way to get around this problem. This is possible because these phones are running on Android OS.
But before going in to how to increase RAM of Samsung Galaxy young Duos S6312 there are certain things to be done. They are:
- The phone should be rooted before you try to increase its RAM. Since this is an unofficial way to increase the RAM it will not be possible to so without rooting the phone.
- The phone’s battery should be charged to at least 80% of its capacity. This is to ensure that the phone does not get switched off during the process.
- Take a backup of all the things on your phone. This includes Contacts, Logs, MMS Settings, Audios, Videos etc. You will lose all the data so this is necessary.
- Install a custom recovery tool like the ClockworkMod Recovery for this particular device. You can download the tool to the phone.
- Unlock the Android bootloader.
- Enable the USB debugging. To do this, just go to Settings then Applications then Development and then USB Debugging. Also enable Allow Mock Locations which is found in the same path.
The following steps are for increasing the RAM of Samsung Galaxy Young Duos S6312 and not any other device. So if you try it on other devices it might not work.
- A file called the Link2SD has to be downloaded to your Samsung Galaxy Young Duos S6312 and then installed.
- Next run the installed file and follow the instructions.
- It will ask you to select the file system for your SD Card Second Partition. There are several options –ext2, ext3, ext4, FAT32/FAT16. Choose ext2.
- Now it will ask you to restart the phone. So, restart the phone by pressing OK.
- Go to Settings and enable the Auto Link and Auto Link Notifications.
- Next click on Install Location option and from the options select External. Next select the Power Off option to switch off the phone.
- Once the phone is on then download Swapper2 app to Samsung Galaxy Young Duos S6312. Install the app.
- Next run this app.
- Go to the configuration section of the app and enable the Active Swap on Boot option.
- In the Swap File Position select SD Card FAT Partition. Now allocate 200 MB or the size that you want to allocate to the Swap File Size.
- Now press on the save button to save the settings.
- Now reboot the phone and the process is done.
The author does not take any responsibility for any damage that you might incur on your phone and you are following these steps to increase the RAM of Samsung Galaxy Young Duos S6312.