If you want to upgrade your phone then learn here how to install android 4.2.3 jelly bean on sony ericsson xperia mini pro sk17i.
If you want to install or upgrade to android 4.2.3 jelly bean on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i then it is possible to do so. Of course this is not an official version but is developed by CyanogenMod who have developed Custom ROMs for other android devices too. Sometimes it even seems as if CyanogenMod firmware provides more features than the official Android firmware.
But before going to the steps needed to install android 4.2.3 Jelly Bean on Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i there are some requirements to be fulfilled.
- To complete the installation without any interruption it is necessary that your phone have at least 80% charge.
- It is also necessary to take a backup of all the data in your phone as you will lose all the data during the process.
- The phone should be rooted. If you are unaware of how to root the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i then ask someone who knows to do it for you or look for tutorials on the net.
- It is also necessary to install a custom recovery tool for this particular device. ClockgenMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery is a good choice. You can download them to your phone and then install it.
- Unlock the Android boot loader on your phone.
- You also have to download and install Java SDK and Android SDK on your computer. But it is absolutely essential that you download Java SDK first and only then Android SDK.
The following are the steps to install android 4.2.3 Jelly Bean on Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i.
- The first step is to connect the memory card of your phone to the computer using a card reader. But do not use a USB cable to connect it as CyanogenMod Custom ROM does not work properly with USB cables.
- Get the android 4.2.3 Jelly Bean for Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i zip file using the internet but do not extract files now. Similarly get the Android 4.2.3 Gapps zip file. Again do not extract it. This contains the Google Applications etc. This is needed as you are installing an unofficial android OS and so you need the unofficial Google Applications as well.
- Transfer the 4.2.3 Jelly Bean for Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i zip file and the Android 4.2.3 Gapps zip file to the root folder of the SD card. Once that is done do not in any case try to extract the files.
- Now remove the SD card from the computer and insert it into the phone. Switch off the phone and then restart it but only in the recovery mode. To do that hold the Down volume button, home button and power button at the same time.
- In the recovery mode select the ‘Wipe Data/Factory reset’ and next choose ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ to clear all the cache memory. One more memory the Dalvik cache can be cleared by going to Advanced settings and choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Now you can install the 4.2.3 Jelly Bean for Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro sk17i zip file and the Android 4.2.3 Gapps zip file respectively. To do that first ‘Install zip from SD card’ and then choose ‘Choose zip from SD card’.
- The last step is to reboot the phone. Go to the main menu and select this option.
Now your phone has Android 4.2.3 Jelly Bean. You should know that you are following what is written in this article at your own risk and the author will not be responsible for any problem that you incur.