If you want to upgrade your android version to 4.3 jelly bean then learn here how to install android 4.3 jelly bean on samsung galaxy S advance i9070
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 runs on Android OS version 2.3.6(Gingerbread) but can be upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. But Android 4.3 Jelly Bean does not support this device yet.
Therefore you have to go in for a custom ROM like CyanogenMod ROM for AndroHow To Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean On Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070id 4.3 Jelly Bean. Before you go through the instructions to install Android 4.3 jelly bean on Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 there are certain prerequisites.
- The Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 has to be rooted. This is a must. You can check whether it’s rooted by using the Root Checker app.
- You need to have it charged to at least 80 percent.
- A custom recovery image like the TRWP Recovery or ClockworkMod should be installed.
- If not unlock Android Boot loader.
- Take a backup of things that you need, better still take a backup of everything because you will lose data during this process.
- Deactivate all the antivirus, firewall tools on both your phone and computer.
- Download and install the driver files for Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 on your computer.
- Install Java SDK after which install the Android SDK files to your computer. It has to be done in this order.
- USB debugging has to be enabled on your phone. Go to Settings then Applications then Development then USB Debugging and check the box there.
This is the procedure to install Android 4.3 jelly bean on Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 and no other.
- Remove the SD card from the phone and connect it to your PC using a card reader. Do not use USB cable as Cyanogenod has compatibility issues with the USB cable.
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 zip file. After that is done also download Android 4.3 Gapps which is also a zip file to the computer.
- Copy the files to the SD card on to a directory named ROOT. You might have to create this directory or folder.
- Switch off the phone and remove the SD Card from the computer to reinsert it into the phone. Restart it in the recovery mode by holding all 3 – volume down, home and power button together.
- In the recovery mode from the options available go to Settings and select the option to Wipe Data/Factory reset. Next select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Go to Advanced settings to clear Dalvik Cache by choosing ‘Dalvik Cache’.
- Now that you have wiped your phone clean choose the option to ‘Install ZIP from SD Card’ and from there select ‘Choose ZIP from SD Card’. Select the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 zip file which you copied earlier. Confirm Installation.
- Do the same with Google Apps Package which is Android 4.3 Gapps zip file.
- Now reboot the phone normally by selecting Reboot system now.
Your phone now runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
There are also other custom ROMs like OmniROM 4.3. But the method to install is basically the same, only the files to be downloaded will defer. Whichever method you chose it is not something to be done lightly. Follow the instructions properly and still you might end up with a damaged phone. Hence the author cannot take any responsibility for any problem that you face due to the installation.