If you want to upgrade your phone then learn here how to install android 4.3 jelly bean on samsung galaxy S duos s7562.
The Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562 has Android 4.0 (Ice cream Sandwich) OS. Samsung hasn’t released even a Android 4.1 Jelly bean for this phone so if you wait for Samsung to release Android 4.3 Jelly Bean it might just turn out to be an endless wait. But, you can install a custom ROM , KyleOpen which is designed for this phone.
- Your phone should have root access that is it should be rooted. This is imperative.
- Another important thing is that you should have a custom recovery image like the ClockworkMod Recovery for the Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562 installed on your phone.
- Create a backup of all the stuff on your phone be it audios, videos, pictures, contact, MMS settings, APN settings etc.
- The battery should be charged to at least 80 percent so as to avoid disruption during the process.
- Install the necessary USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562 on your computer.
- Enable USB debussing on the phone by going to Settings then Applications then Development then USB Debugging. Check the box.
- Download the KyleOpen Android 4.3 custom ROM to your computer. Do not try to install it on the computer.
- Disable any firewall protection or antivirus software.
These instructions are meant only for this device. Do not try this on other devices.
Once the prerequisites are ready you can go in to the steps to flash this Custom ROM to your phone.
- Connect the phone to your computer.
- Now copy the KyleOpen Android 4.3 custom ROM to the root folder of the SD Card in your phone.
- Disconnect the computer and the phone.
- Now switch off the phone and restart it in the recovery mode.
- To start in the recovery mode press the volume up key, home key and the power key in that order. You have to keep pressing till you get the recovery screen.
- Create nAndroid backup by selecting the backup option from Backup and Restore. You can use this later if you need it.
- Now clear the main memory by choosing ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ and the cache memory by choosing ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ from Settings.
- Clear Dalvik cache too by going to Advanced Settings and choosing ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Now install the KyleOpen Android 4.3 custom ROM from the SD Card by going to the option ‘Install zip from SD Card’. The select it by choosing the option ‘Choose zip from SD Card’.
- Install the files by confirming the installation.
- After the installation is done go back to main menu and choose ‘reboot from system’
- Reboot it normally and the process is done. Your phone is now running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
You can also try out another Custom ROM the ‘Galaxy S Duos S7562_4.3 Jelly Bean. zip’. The procedure is same as for KyleOpen Android 4.3 custom ROM.
Remember that flashing Custom ROMs can turn out to be risky, especially if not done properly. The author is not responsible for any damages to your device because of this installation.