In this article we will tell you how to root and install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Here’s the complete procedure.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is one of the best phones launched by Samsung. It Contains 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 Quad-core processor with 2 GB RAM, Android 4.0.3 ICS, 5MP Rear and 1.9 MP Front camera, and many more exciting features. Before you root and install CWM recovery on your device just have a look at, what is rooting.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about Samsung is that, the procedure for rooting the smartphone is available on internet and thus we can easily unlock the Smartphone’s bootloader. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices:
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
- Download Samsung Kies.
Steps to be followed to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S7562 & install CWM recovery:
Now Switch Off the mobile, remove battery & then plug it back. & boot your mobile in download mode (you can do this by pressing together Volume Down & Home button), & after that press Power button of your mobile till you get the android logo. To confirm press the Power button again.
Now from the Extracted folder, open up Odin.exe & connect your mobile to computer using USB cable. If you are doing it correctly then an ID:COM box will become blue.
Now click on the PDA button & select “recovery.tar” from the folder you’ve extracted earlier.
Now ensure that Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are ticked on Odin.
Now click Start button to initiate installation process. It will take some time so wait for completion of installation.
Now if you can see the PASS message then your mobile will reboot itself & when the mobile Vibrates then remove battery immediately & start your mobile after 2 minutes.
Now your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is rooted & you can check Super app installed on your mobile & if you need to verify, download the Root checker application to verify it yourself.
Now since your mobile is rooted it’s time to tell you how to install CWM Recovery. To do that, just follow remaining steps.
Now place the “CWM recovery file” in your SD card.
Now switch off your mobile & boot it in recovery mode (you can do this by pressing together the Volume Up & Home button), & then press Power button.
Now from recovery menu, press install zip from SD card & go to the path where the CWM Recovery file you placed & select the file. The installation will take approximately 2 minutes.
After finishing the installation process go back & choose reboot the mobile.
That’s all. You’ve successfully rooted your mobile & installed the CWM Recovery.
We hope this article about how to install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 helped you.
Related Articles :
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 4.1.2 Skyrocket 4G i727
- How to install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket 4G i727
- How to increase RAM in Samsung Galaxy Mini