Learn here how to install cyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 jelly bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Duos s7562.
Samsung Galaxy S Duos s7562 has a 1 GHz processor, 4 GB internal memory, 768 MB RAM and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It is a popular phone but if you want to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean then it is not possible officially.
But it is very much possible to install CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 jelly bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Duos s7562. It is not a difficult process. You have to just download a few things to your phone and computer and make sure the phone satisfies some requirements.
- First and foremost the phone has to be rooted. If it is not then there are tutorials online showing how to do it. You can use the root checker app to find out whether the phone is rooted.
- The phone should be charged to at least 80 percent charge.
- Download and install the required USB drivers for this phone on your computer.
- Also install Java SDK and Android SDK to your computer. It must be done in that order.
- Download the CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 jelly bean ROM zip file to your computer. Do not extract the file.
- Also download the Google Apps Package for this device. This is also a zip file and do not extract any files.
- Do not forget to take a backup of all the things on your phone, however unimportant it might seem because you will lose all the data during this process.
- The USB Debugging should be enabled on your phone. To do that, just go to Settings – Applications – Development – USB Debugging. Check the box on USB Debugging.
- A custom recovery image like the ClockworkMod Recovery should be installed on the phone.
Once you have checked whether all these requirements are satisfied then you can proceed to install CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 jelly bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Duos s7562. These are the steps.
- Remove the SD Card from the phone and connect it to the computer using a Card reader. You might face compatibility issues if you use USB cable to connect as CyanogenMod does not support USB cables.
- Transfer the CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 jelly bean ROM zip file to the root folder of the SD Card. Transfer the Google Applications Package zip file too to the root folder of the SD Card.
- Now disconnect the computer and card reader. Remove the SD card from it and re insert it into the computer.
- Switch off the phone and restart it in recovery mode by pressing the volume key, home key and power key together at the same time and keep pressing till the recovery screen appears.
- To ensure that all the memory is wiped clean go to Settings and then choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache Partitions’. Another type of cache memory the Dalvik cache can be cleared by going to Advanced Settings and choosing ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Come back to main menu and install the CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1 jelly bean ROM zip file. To do that choose ‘Install zip from SD Card’ and then ‘Choose ZIP from SD Card’ and select that file. Confirm the installation.
- Do the same with the Google Applications Package.
- Now go back to main menu and restart the phone by choosing reboot the system now. That’s it you are done.
Installing unofficial updates and upgrades should not be taken lightly. Understand that you are doing so at your own risk and the author is in no way responsible for any damages that you incur as a result of that.