In this tutorial we will be telling you how to root and unroot Sony Xperia Sola. Just follow the simple steps:
Wondering how to root/unroot your Sony Xperia Sola? Stop Wondering, Start rooting. Here in this article, I’m going to tell you how to root and unroot Sony Xperia Sola. But before we start, you must know what is rooting and its pros and cons.
Some Tablets and phones have some restrictions on operating system that does not allow users to upgrade their phone or run any third party applications. But restrictions couldn’t stop some geeks, who introduced a method called Rooting for breaking into such restricted phones.
Once your phone is rooted successfully, you’re the king of castle. In short, you will be declared the super user and now you can use your phone your way. From installing a third party application to upgrading your phone to a latest Android version, what not you can do. But, everything has its pros and cons. One wrong move and you can brick your phone. Think twice before you root.
1. This rooting procedure applies only on Xperia sola running Gingerbread.
2. Rooting Kit Download from the link below.
3. Make sure your Phone battery is 80%full.
4. Backup all your Phone Data.
5. A USB Cable.
6. Sony Xperia Sola USB drivers must be installed on your PC.
Note: Rooting can cause loss of all your personal data or even brick your phone totally at any step involved. We recommend you to backup all personal data before rooting your phone
Root Sony Xperia Sola
1.Make sure your phone is in debugging mode. Go to Settings →Application → Development → Usb Debugging and Enable the Usb Debugging Mode.
2. Extract the download rooting kit (Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v9_4.zip) on your PC.
3. Connect your Phone to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Now open the ‘Runme.bat’ file by double clicking on it.
5. Next, Press ‘1’ on the keyboard.
6. Press ‘Enter’.
7. Follow on-screen instructions.
8. Wait, until the process completes.
9. Your phone will reboot automatically.
That’s all. You’ve successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Sola.
How to unroot Sony Xperia Sola
Follow the steps given below to unroot :
1. Repeat step 1 to 5 given above.
2. Now, instead of one, write ‘X’ .
3. Press ‘Enter’.
4. Wait for a while.
5. Your phone should reboot in few minutes.
That’s it. You’ve unrooted your Phone successfully.
Disclaimer: Rooting is an act which will void the warranty of your device. We should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device or in case your device is bricked.
Rooting/Unrooting on some Other Gadgets
- How to root HTC sensation
- How to root Sony Xperia Ion
- How to root Samsung Galaxy Fit
- How to unroot LG revolution