In this article, a tutorial of how to root HTC Desire C using Superboot application is explained in detail.
HTC Desire C has been a very popular phone since the very time it was launched. It has very soon replaced the HTC Wildfire S with its similar 600 MHz Cortex A5 processor and an Adreno 200 Graphics processor.
It is one of the cheap phones that come pre-equipped with the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS and HTC Sense 4.0 for buttery smooth feel. For an over the top music experience, it has been equipped with beats audio as well.
In this article, a tutorial of how to root your HTC Desire C using Superboot application will be explained in detail. So here we go:
- Along with your phone, you need the respective USB cord and a windows based PC.
- Make a backup of all your important data on the phone such as SMS, Contacts, Network Passwords, Internet settings and other vital files.
- Charge your battery to at least 80% to withstand the entire rooting process. You would not want your device to turn off while the process in still going on.
- As the anti-virus softwares and firewalls tend to interfere in the rooting process, it is recommended that you disable any such programs on both your PC and your phone to carry on the process hassle free.
- You need to enable the option of USB Debugging on your phone. To do so, go to Settings -> Applications -> Development and then tick the USB Debugging option.
- Also the drivers for your phone must be installed correctly on your PC in order to connect them with complete compatibility.
- In case you have a retail version of your device, it is required that you unlock the bootloader. Follow the link below for help:
Rooting Procedure Using Superboot
- First of all you need to download the Superboot R1 ZIP file from the link provided below:
- After you have successfully downloaded the file, you need to extract it using softwares like WINRAR or WINZIP.
- Now you are required to turn off your phone and boot in into the bootloader mode. In order to do so, press the volume up, volume down and power buttons simultaneously to power up the phone and it will take you into the bootloader mode.
- When your phone enters the bootloader mode, on your PC, access the extracted files that you had downloaded earlier.
- You need to find a file named install-superboot-windows.bat in the extracted folder as shown in the image below:
- You need to double click that file in order to run it. It will then ask you to connect the device to your PC and will be showing the status of the same on the window that opens up as shown below:
- As soon as the device is connected and is ready, it will automatically start the rooting process. You need to be patient and do not interfere by using your device while the process is going on. After the process will be completed, your device will automatically restart and you will boot into the rooted OS.
- The process is complete now. Look for a SuperUser app in the list of your installed applications for confirmation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This process will not touch your partition, kenrel files or firmware files. It will install the Super SU on boot. You will find an application named super user in your app drawer after the process has been finished. But please be very careful when you root your phone. Though it gives you the power to install custom ROMs on your device but it will also render your device’s warranty void. Once you root your phone, you are solely responsible of any damage that might be caused to the device.