In this post we will tell you how to Root HTC Evo 4G 2.3.5. Here’s the complete procedure.
In this tutorial, I’m going to cover steps you can follow to root your Htc evo 4G (2.3.5). But, what is rooting? If you are not familiar with rooting, here I’m going to give you some idea about it before we proceed further.
Some Tablets and phones has a restricted operating system that does not allow users to upgrade their phone or run any third party applications. But restrictions couldn’t stop some geeks who introduced a method called Rooting for breaking into such restricted phones.
With Rooting, you can root into the phones operating system to remove all the restrictions imposed. Once your phone is rooted successfully, you’re the king of castle. In short, you will be declared the super user and now you can use your phone your way.
Note: Rooting can cause loss of all your personal data or even brick your phone totally at any step involved. We recommend you to backup all personal data before rooting your phone.
Here’s How to do it
1. First step is to know the software version of your phone. This tutorial will work for version 4.67.651.3 or more
2. Take out the battery of your phone and then insert it again. Now press and hold down the Volume down and Power button simultaneously.
3. You will now see a message on the top of your phone screen which says ‘LOCKED(OOW)’.
4. Choose the fastboot mode and press Power button.
5. Connect your phone to computer using a USB cable. The phone will now show ‘Fastboot USB’.
6. Download the zip file from link below, which has everything we require to root HTC Evo 4G.
7. Check that HTC USB drivers or ADB interface areinstalled on your computer. To check, go to Device manager and you should see something like this :
If you don’t have these drivers installed, simply run it from the above downloaded zip file.
8. Run the cmd and write:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
*Mac and linux users replace fastboot with ‘./fastboot-mac’ and ‘./fastboot-linux’ respectively. You should see something like this:
Copy the commands starting from sign <<< to >>>.
9. Open the website : htcdev.com and log in. If you’re a new user, create a new account to log in.
After you have logged in, click on ‘Unlock bootloader’ option.
10. Select ‘All supported Models’ → ‘Begin Unlock Bootloader’.
11. A warning Window will pop up asking ‘Do you still wish to continue’. Choose ‘Yes’.
12. Select the ‘Legal Terms’ → ‘Proceed to unlock instructions’.
13. Once you have agreed to terms and conditions, you will be asked to connect your phone to your PC (which we have already done). Go down the Window, and mouse click ‘Proceed to step 5’.
14. Go down the Window again and mouse click on ‘Proceed to Step 8’.
15. Paste the command you copied in Step 8 to ‘ My Device Identifier Token’.
16. Click on the submit button. Now, you should get a message ‘Token Submitted Successfully’.
17. You will receive an email from HTC containing a file named Unlock_code.bin on the registered account.
18. Download the file and place it in the RootEvo4GNew folder.
19. Go to the command prompt and write: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
20. On your HTC evo , you would see a message saying ‘Unlock Bootloader?’. Select ‘Yes’ by pressing the Volume button and then press Power button. This will reboot the Phone.
21. Remove the battery and insert again while your phone boots. Also remove the USB connection between your phone and PC. Now press Volume down and Power button simultaneously to enter into fastboot mode.
22. Your phone is unlocked now, as you can see ‘Unlocked’ message on the top of your phone screen. Now choose Fastboot and press the Power button.
23. Connect your phone to your PC again, and now you should see ‘Fastboot USB’ mode on your phone.
24. Open the command prompt and write : fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img
25. On your phone, choose ‘Bootloader’ and press ‘Power button’.
26. Choose ‘Recovery’ and again press the ‘Power button’.
27. Now choose ‘USB-MS toggle’ and press ‘Power button’.
28. From the RootEvo4GNew folder, Copy file named ‘CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip’ and paste it in your phone’s SD card.
29. Select ‘Flash zip from sdcard’.
30. Select ‘Choose zip from sdcard’.
31. Select the file named ‘CWM-supersu-v0.87.zip’.
32. Once the process is finish, restart your phone.
33. You would see that Superuser app is installed on your phone which means that you have rooted your phone successfully.
Rooting on Other Gadgets
- How to Root Google Nexus 7
- How to Root Sony Xperia Go ST27
- How to root HTC Sensation
- How to Root Sony Xperia Ion