In this tutorial we will show you how to root HTC Evo 4g 2.3.5 on MAC. Here are the complete step-by-step details.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about HTC is that software for rooting HTC’s device is easily available on internet. But we will use HBOOT with S-OFF for HTC Evo 4G. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the HTC Evo 4G.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for HTC evo 4G. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on HTC evo 4G as well as on your MAC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of HTC evo 4G
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for how to root HTC evo 4G 2.3.5 on MAC:
First of all, check this S/W no. in HTC device. If it is 4.67.651.3 or older one then you can continue with this procedure otherwise don’t follow this procedure.
Switch off your device and boot in bootloader via pressing power button and home button simultaneously or you can also take out your device’s battery to do so.
Now press the button Power for entering into Flashboot mode.
Connect your device with Mac and it should prompt Fastboot USB.
Now download this zip file and unzip it on your Mac anywhere you want, but remember its location.
Now open command prompt and type these commands into it:
C:/>cd Downloads (or the location where you have saved the zip file in MAC)
Then type: cd RootEvo4GNew
Then type: fastboot” with “./fastboot-mac
Copy each and everything between < > these signs.
Navigate to this site HTCDev & sign in. There you will see 3 options, choose unlock bootloader.
Now choose “All Other Supported Models” and click begin unlock bootloader and then click “YES”.
Now click on proceed to unlock instructions and follow the steps till step 8. Here paste all the tokens that you have copied earlier. And click Submit.
Now you will receive an email on your mail with file name “Unlock_code.bin” just download it and copy paste the files into RootEvo4G New folder.
Now, type this command: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin.
Now you will be able to see “Unlock bootloader?” on your device. Reboot your device into bootloader mode by selecting option “yes” with the help of volume down button.
Select the option Fastboot, here you will see an “unlocked” message. Now connect the device with MAC, it will display “Fastboot USB”.
Now type this in command prompt: fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img
Doing so, will flash recovery on HTC Evo 4G,
Now, select the bootloader option in your device and press power button. After that you have to select Recovery option.
There you have to select “USB-MS toggle” and press Power button. Now, copy this CWM-v0.87.zip file to your device’s external memory card.
Select the option “Flash zip from sdcard”. And thereafter select “Choose zip from sdcard”.
Select file “CWM-v0.87.zip”. After that, reboot your device.
Now you have successfully rooted your device. ENJOY!
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T
- How to Update Sony Xperia S to Jelly Bean
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 T-Mobile