In this article we will describe how to root HTC inspire 4g at&t. Here are the complete details about the procedure:
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about HTC is it’s kindness for the user to let them unlock their Smartphone’s bootloader. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the Root HTC inspire 4g at&t.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for HTC inspire 4g at&t. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on HTC inspire 4g at&t as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of HTC inspire 4g at&t.
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps to be followed to root HTC inspire 4g at&t are:
First of all you will have to downgrade the device’s current firmware to HTC Desire HD’s firmware. For downgrading, you have to create a gold card and you will also require an ABD shell which is android debug bridge.
Now download these files:
After that, extract misc_version & psneuter in same folder named ADB.
Then connect your device with the pc via USB cable provided with device
Now open the terminal in you r PC and these commands:
adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp/
adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/psneuter
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version
adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter
There you must see ‘#’ sign not ‘$’ sign.
Now type these:
/data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 1.31.405.3
After that, copy the 1.32.405.6 firmware to SD card’s root. Then again open the terminal and type
adb reboot bootloader
And follow the steps shown in you device. But before that, uninstall VISIONary from your device.
Now download these files and extract them to ABD folder that you have created earlier:
After extracting connect your device with PC.
Open terminal in PC and type these:
Copy these numbers as we need them later in this tutorial, just refer this number as md5 #1.
./gfree -f -b hboot-eng.img -y recovery.img
./busybox md5sum hboot-eng.img
Copy these numbers as we need them later in this tutorial, just refer this number as md5 #2.
./busybox md5sum /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
Copy these numbers as we need them later in this tutorial, just refer this number as md5 #3.
- If md5 #1 and md5 #3 match, then gfree 0.07 has failed to powercycle the eMMC chip on device. So try to use gfree 0.05 instead, try again.
- If md5 #3 not matches with md5 #1 or md5 #2, then don’t reboot just ask for help by joining channel #G2Root for further help.
- If md5 #2 and md5 #3 match, then everything is fine and continues.
Now type this command in the terminal
After this your device will get successfully rooted. Now continue to the following steps:
Flash CyanogenMod and to do so, download the current CynogenMOD.
Copy the files in SD card of your device. And reboot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery mode by pressing volume down button and the power button.
Select these options one after another.
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Install zip from sdcard
Now select CyanogenMod update.zip file in the SD card to install.
Reboot your device and it should reboot into the CyanogenMod.
- How to Root HTC Evo V 4G Without Computer
- How to Root HTC Evo 4g 2.3.5 on MAC
- How to Root HTC One SV Boost Mobile