In this tutorial we will teach you step-by-step on how to root HTC One X AT&T 4.1.1. Here are the complete details about the procedure.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about HTC is it’s kindness for the user to let them unlock their Smartphone’s bootloader. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the HTC one x At&t.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for HTC one x At&t. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on HTC one x At&t as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of HTC one x At&t.
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- By default Busybox and SuperSU apps will get install automatically to control firmware.
- This method will give you root access.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
How to root AT&T HTC One X with one-click method:
First of all download Root.zip file. And extract it anywhere on pc.
Now you have to connect your device with the pc using USB cable.
While connecting your device remember one thing, don’t put it in any mode except charging.
Now select the downloaded folder in the computer & run the file according to your system’s operating system.
- If you are running a Windows PC then select ‘root.bat’
- If you are running a Linux then select ‘root-linux.sh’
- If you are running a MAC OS X then select ‘root-mac.sh’
Now are done here, after running this file your device will restart many times. When all process will get finish, you will be able to remove all the stock applications.
- How to root HTC inspire 4g at&t
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note I717 on Mac
- How to Root HTC Evo 4G 2.3.5 without a Computer