In this tutorial we will guide you on how to root HTC One X Plus to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Here are the complete details.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about HTC is it’s kindness for the user to let them unlock their Smartphone’s bootloader. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the HTC One X Plus.
Benefits of Rooting an Android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for HTC One X Plus (Android 4.1.1 jelly bean). Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. Applying this procedure of rooting android device we are not bounded if anything happens wrong to your device. Continue on your own risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on HTC One X+ as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of HTC One X Plus (Android 4.1.1 jelly bean).
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for Unlocking the Bootloader of HTC one X+
First of all create account on HTCDEV page.
Click here and download fastboot file.
Create a folder named fastboot in C drive.
In new folder extract the file downloaded.
On HTCDEV page select
Turn off the device.
Enter in HBOOT mode by pressing Volume down button for a few seconds.
Enter into the Fastboot mode & connect the device with computer.
In computer open command prompt & to do so click on Start button >> run >> cmd”.
Copy the provided code From the HTC Dev Website and paste it at the bottom of the HTC page.
You should have received an unlocked code on your given email. Note that code.
Enter command into cmd: (place the code you have just received).
Screen will get change on the device and then press Volume up button for accepting that and then power button for confirming.
Now bootloader of is unlocked.
Steps for Rooting the HTC ONE X+
Connect your device with PC through USB cable.
Then click here to download the root tool. And extract it.
Run “Rootboot.bat” file and press “enter” to start the rooting.
You will be notifies at the end of this procedure then unplug the USB cable.
At last reboot the device.