In this tutorial we will describe you the procedure of how to root Kindle Fire HD 8.9 on Mac. Here are the complete details.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Tablet or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the tablet. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the Kindle Fire HD 8.9.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery backup of the tablet.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for kindle fire HD 8.9. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on kindle fire HD 8.9 as well as on your MAC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of kindle fire HD 8.9.
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable Side loading on kindle fire. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> More >> Device >> Check this option “Allow installation of apps”.
- Enable ADB mode of Kindle Fire HD. To do so navigate to Settings >> Security & there turn on “Enable ADB” & select “OK” when warning pops up.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for how to root Kindle Fire HD 8.9 on Mac:
Connect the kindle fire through USB cable and wait till drivers get installed (if you have not installed the driver earlier).
Open the terminal and type: SU-
Thereafter enter the password of root if you are prompted.
Navigate back to command prompt on the /RootPackage32or64Folder/# and then enter:
Chmod 777 Runme.sh
Then run Normal methods by ignoring errors. You will be prompted for “Restore”, then click on it. Your kindle fire will reboot then.
Make sure that you have downloaded the correct file from above files for your platform , otherwise you may receive “Can’t execute items in stuff folder” error.
Type “exit” and press enter.
Go back to Kindle fire and navigate to /Apps tab and then click on Device.
There you will find Superuser.apk (or download it through this link) click on it and initialize Superuser daemon.
At last download suchecker.apk to /RootPackage32or64Folder/# suchecker. Then open the command prompt at /RootPackage32or64Folder/# and enter:
After that you have successfully rooted your tablet and just for verification Superuser app should be working in your Kindle fire HD 8.9.
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T on Mac
- How to Root Kindle Fire 6.3.2 on Mac
- How to Unroot Galaxy S3 Sprint without Computer