In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to root Kindle Fire HD 8.9 version 8.3.1. Here are the complete details.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which are not permitted to ordinary end user of android system. Rooting allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 version 8.3.1.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for Kindle Fire HD 8.9 version 8.3.1. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on Kindle Fire HD 8.9 version 8.3.1v as well as on your PC
- Your tablet’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things that you can from your Kindle Fire
- You have to install USB drivers of Kindle Fire HD 8.9
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for How to root Kindle Fire HD 8.9 version 8.3.1:
Bring the displays bar from top of your Kindle Fire HD and the select the option “more”.
Under the MORE tab, choose “security “option and then check the option “enable adb” and after that return to the previous screen.
Now click on the “Device” option under the same MORE tab and select ON in the option “Allow Installation of Applications”.
A warning message will appears for use of unknown application, don’t need to worry just click OK and continue.
Download the driver of Kindle Fire HD by clicking here and then unzip the content of the downloaded file.
Run the unzipped file named Kindle Fire ABD Drivers.exe and Install the drivers.
Check that the drivers have been successfully installed by looking into the Device Manager on your PC.
In device manager click on ‘+’ sign of Kindle Fire, there will appear an Android Composite ADB interface. This means you have successfully installed the driver.
Download the Root Tool Automated Qemu by clicking here and extract the file on pc.
Double click on the file RootQemu.bat and you will see a screen like this one:
Select the first option of “ROOT” (this will automatically root your Kindle fire).
Now, you have a successfully rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9 version 8.3.1.But if the process does not complete correctly or if you have got some error like “Permission denied“ or if screen displays the following message:
Then follow this step:
Click here to download the file adb_usb.ini and save it in the folder named Android which you can find in the directory My Documents / [your username]. Then reopens RootQemu.bat and this time you will get success.
- How to Root HTC One X Plus to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Verizon
- How to Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 to TV Wirelessly