In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step, how to root LG OPTIMUS G ls970 4.1.2. Here are the complete details about the procedure.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about LG is that software for rooting LG’s device is easily available on internet. But we will use GAIO. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the LG OPTIMUS G ls970.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for LG OPTIMUS G ls970. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk. Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on LG OPTIMUS G ls970 as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of LG OPTIMUS G ls970
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for how to root LG OPTIMUS G ls970 4.1.2:
First of all download and save the tool named GAIO in your mobile
Now, you have to connect the device with the computer but the connection mode should be a charging mode.
After connecting the device run the GAIO tool. If you are working on a Linux system then skip this step otherwise select the ‘Install Windows LG Driver’ option.
Now after installing the LG drivers choose the option “Root the LG optimus G”. By selecting this option your Smartphone will get rooted.
Now select the option named Unlock bootloader for unlocking the bootloader because without unlocking the bootloader you will not be able to root the device.
Now select the option to install the custom recovery, in case, if you want to install any custom recovery.
The menu in the fastboot mode will not be available; you have to press the volume down button two times to get into the recovery mode. Now you can install any custom recovery.
Congrats! Now you have successfully rooting your LG OPTIMUS G ls970. Just for the confirmation of successfully rooting, download and install the SuperUser app as it requires rooting permission.