In this article we will tell you how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on Mac. Here’s the complete procedure.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about Samsung is that, the procedure for rooting the smartphone is available on internet and thus we can easily unlock the Smartphone’s bootloader. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices:
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps to be followed to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 are:
Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on your Mac using the data cable provided with your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Just, download Motochopper file and paste it to your Mac’s desktop.
Now, open the terminal and type the following commands to start rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
- cd Desktop
- cd Motochopper
- chmod 755 *
- sudo sh run.sh
Once the scripting is started, just press enter to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and don’t forget to allow the USB debugging.
Once the process is finished do not forget to press enter in order to reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
When your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is finished rebooting, just open the app drawer of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and make sure you have SuperUser app already installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. If you don’t have it, then you can download the app, and install it.
In order to confirm that your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is rooted, install an app naming Titanium Backup, and check that whether you are getting a SuperUser request or not.
So, by following these simple steps you can root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on Mac.
Hope this article about how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on Mac helped you.
Related Articles :
- How to enter into Bootloader mode of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727
- How to install ClockworkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1