In this article we will tell you how to root Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727. Here’s the complete procedure.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about Samsung is that, the procedure for rooting the smartphone is available on internet and thus we can easily unlock the Smartphone’s bootloader. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket 4G i727.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices:
l Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket 4G i727. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket 4G i727 as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket 4G i727.
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB ugging’.
- This method will give you root access.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
- And last but not the least install drivers of Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 or you can download Samsung Kies.
Steps to be followed to root Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 are:
Now Switch Off your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727, remove battery & then plug it back. & boot your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 in download mode (you can do this by pressing together Volume Down & Home button), & after that press Power button of your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 till you get the android logo. To confirm press the Power button again.
Now from the Extracted folder, open up Odin.exe & connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 to computer using USB cable. If you are doing it correctly then an ID:COM box will become blue.
Now click on the PDA button & select “recovery.tar” from the folder you’ve extracted earlier.
Now ensure that Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time options are ticked on Odin.
Now click Start button to initiate installation process. It will take some time so wait for completion of installation.
Now if you can see the PASS message then your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 will reboot itself & when the mobile Vibrates then remove battery immediately & start your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 after 2 minutes.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 is rooted & you can check Super app installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 & if you need to verify, download the Root checker application to verify it yourself.
That’s all. You’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727.
Hope this article about how to root Samsung Galaxy S2 4.2.1 Skyrocket 4G i727 helped you.
Related Articles :
- How to increase RAM in Samsung Galaxy Mini
- How to increase RAM in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- How to increase RAM on Sony Xperia Z