In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to root Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3113 jelly bean. Here are the complete details.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about Samsung is that software for rooting Samsung’s device is easily available on internet. But we will use Kies for Samsung galaxy tab 2 & new Casual revision software. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the Samsung galaxy tab 2.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on Samsung galaxy tab 2 as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of Samsung galaxy tab 2
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 should be factory unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for how to root Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3113 jelly bean
First of all download these files:
After downloading the files extract them to a folder with the help of the WinZip or win7 etc.
Then Boot your device into the download mode and to do so, press the volume down button and along with that press the power button simultaneously at the same time. After a few seconds you will see a warning message, just pass it by pressing the volume up key.
Run the ODIN software in your PC.
Now connect your device to PC with the PC via provided USB cable of your device. And wait for a few seconds till ODIN shows a pass message. When everything goes fine then ID: COM box & COM port will become blue in color. If it does not happens then try to connect your device with other USB port.
Now open the Odin & select PDA button and choose CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifiue-gtp3113.tar.md5 file.\
Before you proceed make sure that, the options F.Reset Time & Auto Reboot must be checked, but not Re-Partition option.
Click on the START button. When everything goes fine you will see a pass message.
Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3113. Just for the confirmation you can try to install any app which requires rooting permission for example SUPERUSER app etc.