In this article we will tell you how to unroot Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Here’s the complete procedure of unrooting.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices:
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
Unrooting a smartphone is exactly the reverse process of rooting and sometimes rooting does not gives the desired results, so in order to get the phone back to its original state, we need to unroot the device.
This tutorial is basically for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk. Just follow the simple steps given below:
- l Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play as well as on your PC.
- l Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- l Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- l You have to install USB drivers of Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.
- l Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- l Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- l You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps to be followed to unroot Sony Ericsson Xperia Play are:
First of all download a file from this link : Unrooting pack
Unzip the above downloaded file named “UNROOTING SCRIPT v1.0”
Now open the extracted folder and launch the file named “RUNME-UNROOT.bat”.
Now follow the on screen instructions.
Once the process is finished do not forget to press enter in order to reboot your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.
Related Articles :
- How to turn off safe mode on Samsung Galaxy Note
- How to Turn Off Safe Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- How to turn off safe mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 2