Learn here how to update samsung galaxy ace duos s6802 to android 4.2.2 jelly bean by installing the CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM on your phone.
You can update Samsung galaxy ace duos s6802 to android 4.2.2 jelly bean by installing the CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM on your phone. This is because the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean does not offer any support for Samsung galaxy ace duos s6802 yet. You can wait for Samsung to release an official version but it might prove to be a long wait.
CyanogenMod have proven themselves in this field. They keep bringing out custom ROMs for different phones and it usually works better than the original version and has better features. It also lets you run those apps which are not permitted by the official version. Before you install the CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM you have to make sure all the requirements for its installation are satisfied. They areby installing the CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM on your phone
- The Samsung galaxy ace duos s6802 should be rooted.
- It should be charged to at least 80 percent.
- Take a backup of all the stuff on your phone if it is unimportant as you will lose all the data during this process.
- Enable the USB Debugging. Go to Settings then Applications then Development and then USB Debugging. Check the box.
- Install a custom recovery image like the ClockworkMod Recovery or TRWP Recovery for your device.
- If not then unlock the Android Boot loader.
- Download and install on your computer all the USB drivers required for your phone.
- Download Java SDK and install it then download Android SDK and install it.
- Also download but do not install CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM zip file to your computer. Do not extract it.
- Also download the Android Google Apps Package to your computer. Do not install it.
Once the requirements are satisfied you can move onto the installation process. Remember that this procedure is only suitable for this device.
- Remove the SD Card from your phone and insert it into a card reader. Connect the card reader to a computer. Copy the CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM zip file to the root folder in your SD Card. Do not use USB cables to connect the computer and SD Card as you might face compatibility issues.
- Remove the SD Card from the card reader and reinsert it into the phone.
- Now power off the phone and reboot it in the recovery mode. Hold the volume down key, home key and the power key together to start the phone in the recovery mode. Hold it like that till you get the recovery screen.
- Once it is on, go forward with clearing the main memory and cache memory. Choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ respectively found in Settings.
- The other cache Dalvik Cache can be wiped clean using the option ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ which can be found in advanced settings.
- Choose ‘Install ZIP from SD Card’ and then ‘Choose ZIP from SD Card’ to install the CyanogenMod 10.1 Custom ROM. Confirm the installation.
- Once that is done install the Google Apps Package in the same manner.
- Once both the installations are done go back to the main menu and choose “Reboot System Now’.
- Reboot the system normally and your phone is now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
There are always risks associated with this kind of update. The author is not responsible for any problems that you might face by following this article.