If you want to upgrade your phone then learn here how to update samsung galaxy s advance i9070 to android 4.2.2 jelly bean.
Samsung Galaxy s advance i9070 also called the Samsung Advance S2 Lite, is one of the smartphones in the Galaxy series from Samsung. It has an internal memory of 8/16 GB and android version 2.3.6 which is upgradable to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Therefore if you want to upgrade it to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean you have to do it unofficially. It is called the Unofficial AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) Android 4.2.2.
Since this is an unofficial update there are certain prerequisites before you go in to update Samsung Galaxy s advance i9070 to android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- The phone should be rooted. It is a must for unofficial upgrades and installation. If you do not know how to root this phone there are tutorials available for doing that.
- The battery charge should be at least 85 percent of its capacity. This is to ensure that the phone doesn’t switch off during the process.
- All the files – videos, pictures, logs, MMS settings, APN settings, contacts etc should be backed up. You will lose all this during the process.
- The drivers for this phone should be downloaded and installed on your computer. If not you can download the Samsung Kies PC suite.
- Custom Recovery like the ClockworkMod Recovery should be installed on the Samsung Galaxy s advance i9070
- Download the Unofficial AOKP Android 4.2.2. Zip file as well as the Google Apps Package.
These are the steps to update Samsung Galaxy s advance i9070 to android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and no other device. If you try this on any other device you will be doing it at your own risk.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 to your computer.
- Copy the two zip files – Unofficial AOKP Android 4.2.2. Zip file as well as the Google Apps Package to the SD Card to the root folder of the SD card on your phone. Do not extract any files.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Restart the phone in recovery mode. To do this hold the volume up key, home key and the power key together.
- Once there create a backup of the current ROM. To do this just go to ‘Backup and restore’ and select backup. It will be saved on the SD Card and can be used in the future if desired by you.
- Come back to the main menu and choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ to clear the phone fully.
- One more cache the Dalvik cache can be cleared by going to Advance settings and choosing ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Once that is done you can copy the zip files from the SD Card to your phone. For that choose the option ‘Install zip from SD card’ and then ‘Choose Zip from SD Card’. Select the Unofficial AOKP Android 4.2.2. Zip file. Confirm the installation.
- Repeat the procedure for Google Apps Package.
- Now go back to the main menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
Your device is now installed with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. There are always risks when you do an unofficial upgrade so you are doing so at your own risk. The author is not responsible for any damage to your phone.