In this tutorial we will show you how to update Sony Xperia S to Jelly Bean. Here are the complete details about the procedure.
The Sony Xperia S is one of the best Android phones available in the market at present among other Smartphone. It has some amazing and pretty good features along with stunning 4.3” LED backlight, capacitive touch screen with 16million color, which is one of the best screens available till date with scratch resistant gorilla glass protection. It also has excellent 12MP camera with brilliant quality along with LED flash which offers you to make full HD videos. This Sony Xperia S has only one drawback associated with it and that is its stock android OS, as it comes with Ginger Bread operating system but it is upgradable to latest Jelly Bean OS. And recently Sony has officially released Jelly Bean update for this Xperia S. So, you will now be able to see rich interface of Jelly bean in your device with new features such as: Google now, new screen lock interface, controllability of mobile data, new button which shows recent apps.
This tutorial is basically for Sony Xperia S. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on Sony Xperia S as well as on your PC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of Sony Xperia S
- You must have to install Sony PC Companion, as update is only available through this method.
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for how to update Sony Xperia S to Jelly Bean:
First of all install the downloaded software named Sony PC Companion.
Now, Run the software and connect your device with your computer via USB cable.
Wait until your device gets successfully connected.
After successful connection you will be prompted for latest updates regarding your device.
Then all you have to do is follow the instructions shown on the software for updating the device.
When your device will get successfully updated it will reboot itself. After the reboot you will have latest firmware installed on your device. ENJOY!
- How to Install Flash Player on Samsung galaxy S4
- How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- How to Update Software on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10