In this post we will tell you how to upgrade HTC Wildfire S to ICS. Here’s the complete procedure:
Good news for HTC Wildfire S users as you can now upgrade your phone to the taste of Ice Cream Sandwich. The update has rolled out by the name of CyanogenMod 9 Rom. HTC Wildfire S has been running on Gingerbread since release. HTC already stated that they are not going to develop ICS update for Wildfire. But, thanks to CM developer for creating the ICS update for Wildfire S users. Gingerbread out, ICS in. In this article we are going to see how to install it on your phone step by step.
What to expect from ICS update ?
ICS update includes following features:
- Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0
- New Interface.
- Optimized Battery Life.
- Google Play Support.
- Improved App management tool and support.
- Better Code scanners to scan QR code.
- AOSP/AOKP kernel Support.
Note: Upgrading can cause loss of all your personal data or even brick your phone totally at any step involved. We recommend you to backup all personal data before you start.
1. This Upgrading procedure only applies to HTC Wildfire S running on Android Gingerbread. Trying it on some different phone might produce undesirable results.
2. You must have HTC Wildfire S USB Drivers install on your computer.
3. You must create a backup of all your personal data.
4. Your phone’s battery should be at least 80% full.
Here’s how to do it
1. Make sure your phone is in debugging mode. Go to Settings →Application → Development → Usb Debugging and Enable the Usb Debugging Mode.
2. Download the ICS update from the link below on your Computer.
3. Next, Connect your phone to computer using the USB Cable.
4. Now copy and paste the downloaded ICS update on SD card.
5. Unplug your Phone in the safe mode.
6. Restart your Phone. While your Phone restarts, press and hold volume down key to enter into recovery mode.
7. In the Recovery Mode, select ‘ wipe data factory reset’ & ‘wipe cache partition’.
8. Once the factory reset and cache is wiped, restart your phone. Again press and hold the Volume down key to enter into recovery mode.
9. This time, choose ‘ install zip from sdcard’ → ‘choose zip from sd card’ , select the ICS update folder and click on ‘Ok’.
10. Wait for a while and let installation finish.
11. Once installation is done, go back to the main menu, and select ‘Reboot’.
Bingo!!! You’ve successfully install ICS update on your HTC Wildfire S.
Disclaimer: Manual Upgrading is an act which will void the warranty of your device. We should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device or in case your device is bricked.
Upgradations on Some Other Gadgets
- How to update Xperia Arc to ICS
- How to upgrade LG Optimus Hub to ICS
- How to upgrade LG Optimus 3D to Android 2.3
- How to root Samsung Galaxy Fit