If you want to upgrade your phone version and improve its efficiency then learn here how to install android 4.2.2 jelly bean in samsung galaxy S duos s7562.
Since Samsung hasn’t released Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean that supports Samsung Galaxy S Duos s7562, if you want to install android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Samsung Galaxy s duos s7562 then there are two ways you can go about it. One is by installing the CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM for this phone and the second is by installing the Silver Nexus ROM. Both require certain prerequisites which are
- The phone should be rooted. You can check this by using the rootchecker app.
- You should definitely take a backup of everything on the phone. Once you start the process you will lose everything – data, apps, settings, media files, contacts etc.
- Uninstall antivirus on the phone and disable it on the computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings-Applications-Development-USB Debugging.
- Install USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy s duos s7562 on to your computer.
- The battery should be charged to a minimum of 80 percent.
Procedure to install android 4.2.2 using CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM
- Install Java SDK and after installation is complete install Android SDK.
- Download CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S Duos s7562 zip file to the computer.
- Also download Android 4.2.2 Gapps zip file to the computer. Do not extract files from both the zip files.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery to your phone.
- Connect the computer and SD Card using a card reader. Only if you don’t have card reader use USB cable.
- Copy both the zip files to a folder named ROOT.
- Disconnect the SD Card and computer and transfer SD card back to phone.
- Reboot the phone in the recovery mode. Press Volume down, home and power button together till you get the screen.
- Remove all the data by going to Settings and choosing ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache Partition’. Go to Advanced Settings and choose ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- Once that is done install the CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S Duos s7562 zip file by choosing ‘Install zip from SD Card’ and ‘Choose zip from SD Card’.
- Confirm installation and repeat for Android 4.2.2 Gapps zip file which will install google applications.
- Go to main menu choose ‘Reboot System Now’ and reboot normally.
Procedure to install android 4.2.2 using Silver Nexus ROM
- Download KyleOpen ROM package and extract the files to a folder on your computer.
- Open a file named Odin from extracted files and choose ‘kyleopen-cwm5-tar.mdb’.
- Restart the phone in the download mode. Press Volume down, home and power button together till you get the screen.
- Connect phone to the computer. Now your phone is visible as COM1. Click on start button. Once it is done the phone will reboot automatically.
- A message saying flashing complete will be displayed and an orange color warning message will be displayed. Don’t panic just start the phone normally.
- Download SilverNexus ROM v1.01b and Silver Nexus 1.4Update Package to the computer. Again connect the phone to the computer and transfer these files to SD Card.
- Reboot the phone in the recovery mode. Press Volume up and down, home and power button together till you get the screen.
- Choose ‘install zip from SD Card’ and install SilverNexus ROM v1.01b. Once installation is complete reboot the phone normally.
- Once again reboot in recovery mode and install Silver Nexus 1.4Update Package like the previous one.
- Reboot normally and it’s done.
- It will only work on phones which have baseband versionXXBMD6. If you don’t have it install and then proceed with above steps.
Both the procedure can result in damages to your device if not done properly. Therefore the author is not responsible for any problems that might occur.