In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step how to root HTC EVO 3D Sprint ICS. Here are the complete details.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a process of giving the administrative control to the users Smartphone or any other device running android operating system. The basic reason behind rooting is to overcome the limitations of not being able to uninstall factory apps or restrictions of running some specialized apps and performing some extreme operations which is not permitted to ordinary end user of android system.
The best thing about HTC is that software for rooting HTC’s device is easily available on internet. But we will use HBOOT with S-OFF for HTC EVO 3d sprint. This allows you to install custom ROM and Kernels on you Smartphone. Basically what we want to say is unblocking the bootloader gives unrestricted access to the Smartphone. In order to get rid of some unwanted stock applications, factory restrictions, or power up its performances and to make device run faster than usual, the best way is to root the HTC EVO 3d sprint.
Benefits of Rooting an android devices
- Rooting gives parental control of your android device.
- Rooting allows you to uninstall unwanted stock apps along with installing non permitted apps.
- Rooting gives benefit of improvement in the performance and also it enhances the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- Through rooting you can update your Android device, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- Increase in the battery pack up of the Smartphone.
- Stunning visual experience.
- Upgrade in the baseband possibility after rooting the device.
This tutorial is basically for HTC EVO 3d sprint. Successful working of this procedure on any other device is still not confirmed. This tutorial’s application to any other device may produce some unwanted outcome. We are not bounded if anything happens wrong with your device after applying this procedure. So, if you want to go further then continue on your risk.
Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Disable all security programs like firewall & antivirus on HTC EVO 3d sprint as well as on your MAC.
- Your device’s Battery should be fully charged or must be at least 80%.
- Take all the necessary backups of all possible things like: SMS, videos, Images, Bookmarks, MMS settings, songs, Contacts etc.
- You have to install USB drivers of HTC EVO 3d sprint
- Use a good conditioned USB port for connection between device & system with supplied USB cable of your device.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so follows this. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development >> Check this option ‘Enable USB Debugging’.
- You must install the latest version of both Java SDK as well as Android SDK on the PC.
Steps for how to root HTC EVO 3D Sprint ICS:
First of all download these files:
Now extract the S-off tool file anywhere on the desktop of the computer.
After extracting, press & hold the Shift key and then right click on the folder extracted and select the option “open command window here”.
Now remove the back panel and the battery of your device and then place it back.
Boot your device into the Fastboot mode. And to do so press the volume down and the power button at the same time for few seconds and then select the fastboot option from the menu by pressing the power button.
Now connect your device with the computer.
In the command prompt type:
Fastboot oem get_identifier_token and press enter button.
Then copy the tokens between the tags Identifier token start to Identifier token end.
Now paste the code that you have copied earlier in, MY Device identifier field and click on submit.
Now you will receive an email regarding unlocking the device’s bootloader. All you have to do is download that file named Unlock_code.bin into the extracted S-off tool folder.
In the command prompt type this:
Fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
You will see a success message in CMD and then you have to select the option YES in your phone and disconnect the Smartphone.
Now reboot your device into the fastboot mode and then re-connect the device.
Now in the command prompt type this:
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
And wait till writing process gets complete.
Now click the power button to go back and select the recovery mode by pressing the volume down button.
There click on tools and scroll down to Enable 4ext smartflash and then go back to main screen and select the option toggle USB storage.
In desktop you see this:
Click on the option open folders to view files and here paste the downloaded Super user file.
In your device tap on back button to get back the main menu and select the option install from SDcard and then select the option toggle script asserts.
Now choose the option Zip from SDcards and then select the Super user zip file which you have pasted in step 15 and select OK..
After that return to main menu and select reboot now.
NOTE: for S-Off of your HTC EVO 3D, just see this and go to step 4 “JuopunutBear’s Wire Trick (S-OFF)”.
Congratulations now you have successfully rooted HTC EVO 3D sprint device & just for your confirmation download any app which requires rooting permission.